Friday, September 25, 2009

Gaara Bento!

Here is the Gaara bento that I mentioned at AWA! It didn't turn out as well as I had envisioned so I will try again sometime to do a better job.

I used a gourd shaped rice mould to make the fried rice onigiri and cut strips of nori for the designs. There are fried tofu sticks on the left side with a small container of korean bbq sauce to dip them in. Steamed broccoli, cheese sticks and soy turkey fill in the gaps. Gaara's clothes are nori and soy turkey, his face was the white part of morningstar farms soy bacon, His hair was the red part of the soy bacon. Eyes from nori and white soy bacon part.

I skipped the symbol on his forehead this time - one of the things I want to fix next time :) He has a fantastic glare I think, though!

The small bottle was originally from a set of sugar sprinkles for cookie decorating. As soon as it was empty I snatched it straight into my bento tool set.

No comments: