Monday, May 17, 2010

Monkey Face

A very simple bento in one of our smallest boxes. This is actually the very first bento box that I purchased way, way, way back when. It's still one of my favorites.

For this bento A-chan had requested fried tofu. I knew that I wasn't going to have much time that morning so I decided on a design the night before and had all the ingredients grouped together in the fridge.

Top to bottom: Clear piggy soy sauce bottle, flower onigiri with a sugar dot center, baby tomatoes, heart shaped container filled with corn, steamed broccoli, a black olive, mini tater tots (one of which has a monkey pick in it), fried tofu with monkey face made from soy bologna, mozzarella, nori and sugar dots for cheeks. There is a 'banana' cut from a babybel cheese round.

2 comments: