Tuesday, May 8, 2007

More Bentos with Bridies

Top tier: Mashed potatoes with Mrs. Dash star garnish, mystery cake (yum!), roasted garlic hummus & carrot flower.

Bottom tier: Smiley face vegetarian Forfar Bridie, baby tomatoes, carrot sticks for the hummus, elephant container of HP sauce for the bridie.


Toddler bento: Roasted garlic hummus, miniature bridies, baby tomatoes, mystery cake, mashed potatoes with Mrs. Dash smiley face garnish, carrot sticks.

Top tier: Mashed potatoes with Mrs. Dash maple leaf garnish, mystery maple leaf cake, roasted garlic hummus.
Bottom tier: Smiley face vegetarian bridie, carrot sticks, baby tomatoes, bear container of HP sauce.
And if you're interested in the non-veggie recipe it can be found here: http://www.rampantscotland.com/recipes/blrecipe_bridie.htm

4 comments:

Jennifer Laycock said...

Any chance of you tossing us a recipe for the bridies? Or did you buy them ready made?

Natakiya said...

I make my own bridies, mainly because I've never found any in stores but I also make them vegetarian which is even more difficult to find ready made :)

Here is a link to my recipe: http://bentoanarchy.blogspot.com/2007/01/bridies.html

And if you're interested in the non-veggie recipe it can be found here: http://www.rampantscotland.com/recipes/blrecipe_bridie.htm

Jennifer Laycock said...

:( Neither of those links work for me...they both throw a 404 error.

Natakiya said...

Ahh. Sorry about that! For some reason the comment box is not showing the full urls so I went into the actual post and edited it with the links. I'm sorry that I didn't notice that the links were truncated! I should have had the links in the post in the first place, lol.

I hope they work for you!!