Monday, October 8, 2007

Pretty Rabbit

Do you often have leftover hot dog buns? I hate it when I always have two leftover in every package! This is one of my solutions: rabbit ears! (Another solution is to crumble them up for breadcrumbs in meatballs, etc. I usually will freeze the crumbled buns until I need them.)

Rabbit: Half a morning star farms chik patty sandwich with tonkatsu sauce. Swiss cheese & nori eyes, swiss cheese teeth, pickled ginger nose, two hot dog buns for ears with swiss cheese details. Green pepper & tomato bow.

Underneath the ears is a lot of broccoli mac'n'cheese, some sweet pickles and a large cherry tomato is in the corner.

4 comments:

Tami Parker said...

What a great idea! Although I don't think I have a box big enough to hold that much food!

Natakiya said...

Thanks! It's really not that big a box - this one is a toddler sized totoro bento box. It just looks bigger because of the angle of the photo, I think. :)

Lunch Buckets said...

Very cool idea - I'll have to remember that!

Natakiya said...

Thank you, lunch buckets! :)