Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Rebel Bento

This one was for my husband. It was totally not me dying to do a Star Wars themed bento, no way. Really. I swear.

Top tier: Morningstar farms chik nuggets, steamed broccoli, waffle fry, black olives on an elegantly adult pick, orange slices, cherry tomato, snap peas, soy bologna rolls, chinese flower bread.

Bottom tier: Jasmine rice with one green pea and two tiny carrot hearts, Japanese curry vegetarian style, mozzarella cheese and nori rebel symbol.

My husband really hates nori and generally doesn't want to eat anything that nori has touched. The mozzarella backdrop for the rebel symbol made a big difference - it totally kept the nori off the curry. He was able to just lift off the whole thing and eat the curry underneath. Win-win for me!

2 comments:

OhayoBento said...

Too cool! I can even hear Star Wars music in my head :)

Natakiya said...

Yay! Glad you like it, OhayoBento :)