Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Polar Bear


What does a Polar Bear do on Summer vacation?  I think he would go to Antarctica for vacation.  Until we got our air conditioner repaired yesterday I was starting to day dream about traveling there myself!  This is another tightly packed summer camp bento, but I wanted it to be a little cuter since it was for the last day of camp.

In the bento: Rice, sesame carrots, grapes, cherry tomato halves, steamed broccoli, soy sauce tofu and peach slices.

The Happy Bear's features were punched from nori.  His snout (or should that be muzzle) is an oval of provolone cheese with nori on top.  He also has tiny circles of gari for cheeks.

2 comments:

Dawn @ Cuter Than Gluten said...

Oh my daughter would love those "jewel" picks. Where did you get them?

Jelly said...

Hey lady, things alright? I sadly won't be at DragonCon this year (where I met you last year), but I hope that you get to go, and have lots of fun.

Cheers!