Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Stamps


Cheese ravioli is one of the most versatile pastas.  It can transform into so many things or look elegant without any interference.  Most people, myself included, prefer to eat them with a sauce.  Luckily my daughter is happy to eat them plain or with a little Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top which makes them perfect for decorating her bentos.  With so many Christmas letters, cards and packages going everywhere, I thought some Christmassy stamps would be fun to make and eat!

In the bento: Cheese ravioli, rice with black sesame seeds, fried tofu, carrot and nori stars, blackberries, and a huge cherry tomato.

The Christmas tree is zucchini with tiny strips of zucchini flesh for the garland.  Pink egg sheet left over from yesterday was used for a couple of ornaments and carrot for the others.  I cut the star from a slice of American cheese.  I used zucchini again for the holly leaves and cut berries out of tomato peel.

In the background is one of the cloth napkins that A-chan takes to school with her bento every day.  This one she decorated for Thanksgiving.  It was an easy and very economical way to get her (and me) excited about the holiday.  Please see my new blog for pretty pictures!


4 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

Love those stamps. So neatly cut and presented!

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

I too prefer ravioli with the sauce
but your idea for Christmas stamp is so brilliant :)

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Sheri! I love how they turned out :)

Natakiya said...

Thanks Yenny!! I am so glad that A-chan likes the ravioli plain, lol. That makes things easier :)