Monday, December 5, 2011

Fluffy Pinkness


Today's bento is brought to you by the fluffy goodness of pink.  A Hello Kitty bento most definitely needed a fluffy pink background.  Fortunately one was provided for me in the form of A-chan's new fluffy pink skirt which was left on my kitchen counter for no fathomable reason.  Since it made such a nice backdrop I can't be too upset about it.  I am still left wondering why the kitchen counter?

In the bento:  Morningstar Farms Chik nuggets, carrot flower with a corn center, spring onion, Hello Kitty onigiri, corn filled picks, a piece of apple, steamed broccoli, more carrot flowers and some halved grapes.

Hello Kitty's nose was made from a piece of corn since I happened to have some left over after filling the two toothpicks, but the rest of her face was punched from nori.  Her bow was cut from apple peel.  The small carrot flower got the last leftover corn kernel.  I used a small cutter to make a hole in the center of the flower and gently pushed the end of the kernel into the space.  Now I wish that I'd had enough corn to do the same with the larger flowers!

On the side A-chan had a soy sauce bottle and a small container of ketchup.  These are usually constant companions to her bentos but are never shown because I forget to put them in.

6 comments:

OhayoBento said...

The kitchen counter sounds like a completely logical place for a fluffy pink skirt :) I love all of the little details in this HK bento, it's so cute!

Cooking Gallery said...

How lovely! I love the hello kitty and the shape of the bento box :)!

Happy Little Bento said...

Hello Kitty is such a pretty girl :)
I love the kitty box too. I mean really love it!

Natakiya said...

Lol! Completely logical, yep :D Thanks, Heather!

Natakiya said...

Thank you, CG! I'm glad that you like it. We love the box - A-chan picked it out from Bento & Co.

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Sheri! The box is so cute and fun, we love it too :D I might have to get one for me, I'm always tempted to 'borrow' it!