Sunday, September 9, 2007

A more traditional bento

Carrot hearts over jasmine rice, sauteed marinated tofu sticks, a cherry tomato half, sweet peas and 3 large carrot coins. A plastic toothpick carries a Hello Kitty sticker mascot.

I received some new bento books in the mail a while back and wanted to try something a little more traditional. (This bento was actually from around Aug. 2nd...I've been feeling really horrible this summer and haven't gotten much posting done on anything. I apologize for the lateness! There are a few more to catch up and then on to recent bentos.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are back -- missed your pretty lunches. Hope you are feeling better and that it is nothing serious!

Christie

Natakiya said...

Thank you so much!!! I'm beginning to feel better, nothing serious but definately annoying :)

I'm very glad that you like my bentos, thank you!

PerennialGirl said...

I so amazed at the artwork that goes into the bento boxes. Yours look so inviting and I luv the Totoro bento box. Where do you get your bento box books from and are they in English?

Natakiya said...

Thank you, perennialgirl! I love the Totoro box, too. It's one of my favorites!

Most of my bento books are in Japanese, I just look at the pretty pictures and wish so much that I could read the recipes! They are from Amazon Japan. You can buy them online, but the shipping actually costs more than the books which really sucks or I would have many more of them!!!