Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fabulous Feta Bento

Top tier: Kitty onigiri with carrot whiskers and ears, mamenori face, Morningstar farms chik nuggets, upside down inari zushi, steamed broccoli, carrot hearts.



Bottom tier: Radiatore Pomodore pasta with three pepper feta cheese, carrot heart, steamed broccoli and Vegetarian fillo Hors d'oeuvres by the Fillo Factory that I bought at the Farmers Market. (Have I said lately how much I looooove that place?)



This bento was for my husband when he went to play a game with some friends. As always it is rare for us to be seperated and so I try to make something special for his bento. This time the star of the show was absolutely the peppercorn feta. He adores feta and this one I bought at the Farmer's market and kept hidden as a surprise. The flavor of the feta made it unnecessary to flavor the pasta at all which made the bento even easier to make!



I am told that the kitty onigiri's facial features stuck on to the bottom of the lid, leavin behind a cheshire cat effect. Next time I need to remember to make the onigiri a little smaller so that it fits inside the box without getting squnched by the lid.

No comments: