Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oversized Rabbit Bento

A carb-filled toddler meal! I needed something in a hurry so everything but the broccoli and apple bunny were leftovers that could be heated and packed quickly.

Left to right: Soba noodles with teriyaki sauce, steamed broccoli, HUGE apple bunny, Jasmine rice, carrot hearts, Japanese Golden Curry with potatoes, carrots, onions and tofu.

Ahhh, those were the days when my little girl would still eat apple peel sometimes. That's a nearly impossible request these days. How quickly things change! I tend to prefer sweeter apples over tart ones, like Gala and Fuji. My toddler has never met an apple that she doesn't like. But she's started actually asking me to cut all the peel off. She doesn't mind having apple bunnies in her bentos as long as the peel is easy to detach.

No comments: