Monday, September 22, 2008

Peep Bento

This was a bento for my daughter who loves Peep (from Peep and the Big Wide World). Morningstar Farms Chik nuggets, cucumber slices, green peas and corn skewers, cherry tomato, red grapes, rice granola bar thingy, blue colored rice, cheese peep with tomato peel, cheese and nori details. Cucumber grass and chik nugget ground.

The blue rice turned out to be very strong. I couldn't remember how much food coloring to put in the rice and ended up overdoing it a bit, but it sure does stand out! I wish that I had used a sturdier material for Peep's body since the cheese slice kind of wrinkled with the rice and looks funky in the photo. It looked much better in person.

In any case it got quite the reaction from A-chan who just loved it. I'm glad that Peep is such an easy character to make cause he's going to be a popular bento item around here.

3 comments:

Lunch Buckets said...

I like Peep's googly looking eyes :) It's about time I had a face in my lunch I think...

Jags said...

Way too cute! Wow that is some blue rice lol

this turned out to be an adorable little bento and healthy too

Natakiya said...

Thank you!!