Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ravioli Girls

For this bento I used a technique inspired by The Cute Food for Kids blog. An exacto knife made it very easy to carve the cooked ravioli, leaving the cheese exposed to make the cute faces! I used black sesame seeds for the eyes and nori for the smiles. I loved the way this turned out.

In the bento: On the left was a bed of Jasmine rice sprinkled with black sesame seeds, three cheese ravioli girls and a few tiny red cabbage flowers. To the right was a container of corn with a red cabbage flower and cut lettuce leaves, two soy sausage links, steamed broccoli and 3 tomato and cheese picks.

Another thing that I liked about this bento was being able to use the cow-head shaped container. It's extremely difficult for me to find ways to use that particular container, believe it or not!

2 comments:

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) said...

Cute Lil Ravioli Girls! :D

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Lyn! I really love how they came out :)