Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Inari and a Pear


Yesterday's lunch had a Pikachu inside it so I decided to turn things around and pack today's lunch inside a Pikachu.  We don't use the Pikachu bento box very often because it is awkward for A-chan to open and close.  There isn't anything very messy in there today so I've got my fingers crossed that it will be okay.

In the bento: A container of sesame carrots and baby corn, steamed broccoli, Rome apple slices, inari zushi with furikake, a tiny pear and a few teeny carrot flowers.

After seeing the tiny pear in a beautiful bento on Ohayo Bento's blog, I had my eye out for some at our local grocery store.  This weekend we managed to nab some and A-chan has been gobbling them up.  Yesterday's pear was forgotten since it wasn't in her bento and she had to eat it for snack at home.  Today's pear had to go inside the box!  One great advantage of the Pikachu bento is that the top tier has a lot of room for vertical food.  Once the pretty picture had been taken I removed the core of the pear so that A-chan wouldn't have to worry about the seeds.

6 comments:

Jelly said...

So, weird question. Your pictures are so beautiful and creative, but a lot of the food items peek over the top of the bento box. Do you squish it down when you close the box?

Happy Little Bento said...

Is it a two-tier Pikachu box? I've only seen the one tier one. This is very practical and cute. I love inari, and you know how I feel about the teeny pear :)

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

It is a nice bento...:)
love the box too

Natakiya said...

Hi, Jelly! That's a great question. Sometimes I do have to rearrange certain items after taking a photo. Other times they are okay to have poking up because the box has some vertical space in the lid, which was the case with this bento.

Natakiya said...

Yes, it is a two tier Pikachu box! I love the fact that the small tier fits inside the large one for storage. Thank you, Sheri!

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Yenny!!