Thursday, November 10, 2011

Emergency Hello Kitty


Ugh, I'm so sick!  Luckily A-chan is nice and healthy and has not caught this plague from me.  Bento making seemed almost impossible this morning, but Hello Kitty came through for me again!  It is nice to have a fallback for those times when my brain is fogged by nasty germy things.  Oops.  I just now realized that I forgot to put in the soy sauce bottle.  Yikes, I'm going to hear about that later.

In the bento: Peanut butter and sugar sprinkle sandwich, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, provolone cheese flowers, black plum slices, steamed broccoli and a half orange slice.

Hello Kitty was made from provolone cheese, nori and carrot, using an HK onigiri mold to cut the cheese and a special HK nori punch for the face. The HK onigiri decorating set came with a cutter for the bow and the flowers.  I keep it all together in a box for just such emergency occasions so that I don't have to search for any tools.  Her backdrop was cut from a slice of soy bologna with a large cookie cutter.

Here is a link to the deco set that I used :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

The Hello Kitty is darling! Very, very cute.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the hello kitty cutters? Want!!

Natakiya said...

I'm so glad you think so, Melissa. Thank you!

Natakiya said...

Aren't they fantastic, TouchofNectar? I love them! I'll put up a link to them on the post in a sec :) It's actually an onigiri set but I use the onigiri mold to cut cheese too!