Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cutie pies?


The day after Halloween dawned bright and way too early for my liking!  And even worse, without any bento ideas in my head.  Things were basically thrown into the bento box at random with some lettuce for padding and crossed fingers for luck.

In the bento: Lemon wedges, pomegranate wedge, blueberries, grapes, carrot flowers, green peas, cheddar cheese cubes, soy sausage links, heart shaped onigiri cutie pies.

I'm calling the onigiri 'cutie pies' because I don't know what else to call them.  They aren't anything in particular - just something cute that I could make out of frozen onigiri.  Their faces were made from nori with pomegranate juice for the cheeks.  The tiny flowers were cut from provolone cheese and I used leftover nori punched pieces for their centers.  There are random pomegranate seeds and carrot flowers all over the place for no good reason, lol.

Did you all have a wonderful Halloween?  I hope that you got tons of candy!  There were a few hiccups to our Halloween evening but overall we had a great time. One of the cats stole my dinner while I wasn't looking.  Snatched it right off my plate and under the couch.   A-chan and I had fun Trick or Treating until the poor girl fell on two different staircases, after which she decided not to continue with a hurt leg.  Luckily it was just bruised and felt much better this morning.  She looked very cute in her Garden Fairy costume.


It was designed by her and sewn together by me.  The wings were purchased at the Ren Faire several years ago and we added some flowers and sparkly beaded strings.  My roman outfit was not quite suitable for the freezing temperatures, but I was crazy enough to wear it anyway - any excuse to dress up in costume!

4 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

Love your little garden fairy!
Glad you all had a great time, and that no serious injuries ensued.
Cute cutiepies in your bento too :)

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

Cute pies...!
and she is so lovely...:)

by the way, I am giving you an award. Please check it out in here

http://momlunajovann.blogspot.com/2011/11/blog-award-from-bonita.html

Natakiya said...

Awww, thanks Sheri!

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Yenny! I appreciate the award, that's so cool!! I've been thinking about how to answer the questions - I'll put it up soon :D