Monday, November 12, 2012

What do you mean it's Monday?


I love how expressive faces can be on bento characters.  This rabbit's face expresses exactly how I feel.  How can it be Monday again already?  I will conquer the Monday, mwahahaha!  A-chan made sure to notify me that the ears would get squished when I put on the lid, but I laid them flat on top of the veggies and fruit to fix that problem.

In the bento:  Cheese sandwich, strawberries, kiwi, blackberries, corn on the cob, steamed broccoli steamed cauliflower and carrot bunnies.

The bunny's ears were cut from the heel of the bread and provolone cheese.  His mouth is another piece of bread cut in a circle with an x of nori on top.  It is held to the sandwich underneath with a pink pick. The white parts of the eyes were cut from (you guessed it) provolone cheese.  The green parts are zucchini peel and of course the black is nori!  The little carrot bunnies have mouths cut from tiny slivers of zucchini peel.

I'm experimenting with using more veggies to decorate with instead of nori.  It helps to use up some of the scraps that are created from making the charaben, so it feels better to me.  Plus it adds more color which is always a good thing!  The zucchini bits used in this bento were saved from the scraps that I cut out from another bento.  They were saved in an airtight container in the fridge.


6 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahh, this is so adorable! I love bunnies. x

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Judy said...

So very cute! My screen saver at work is a photo of a disgruntle bunny. Makes me laugh every day. Your bunny made me laugh too.

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Melissa! He was fun to make :D

Natakiya said...

I'm glad it made you laugh, Judy! It worked well for a Monday morning :)

OhayoBento said...

He's adorable! I love seeing your bento creations.

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Heather! I love seeing your delightful bentos too :D Someday soon I hope to have enough free time to start commenting again.