Monday, August 19, 2013

Two Apples


This was a fun bento!  I loved making the tiny pink onigiri.  These cuties still don't look like apple halves to me, but A-chan thought they did so it's all okay.  My brilliant brainy thought of the morning was using parchment paper bits as the bento divider.  The pieces were left over from our cookie baking over the weekend.  Recycling is awesome.

In the bento:  Two pink onigiri, checkered cucumber slices, cherry tomato halves, carrot flowers, blackberries and a broccoli, carrot heart and tofu teriyaki stirfry.

Cheese would have worked better for the white apple bits, I think.  We didn't have any cheese though, so I quickly made a white egg sheet.  You can see where it curled at the top instead of laying flat.  I used black sesame seeds, nori, ketchup, steamed edamame and fried spaghetti noodles for the rest of the apple decorations.  The stirfry was also fun with the carrots cut into little heart shapes.  I was running out of time and cut the carrot flowers without boiling them first so they ended up all messy looking instead of clean cut.  Oh well.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

They do look like n so very cute too! :)

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Ming! I'm glad that you think they look like apple halves, that makes me happy :)

Julie said...

Just love this the apples are too cute

katachiware.com said...

Those bento designs look more like an awesome art work.There are so many fantastic ideas here & i love your blog & bento style.

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Julie.

Natakiya said...

It makes me so happy to get such wonderful comments, thank you Katachiware!