Saturday, March 31, 2007

Bridie and Champ Bentos




We love Forfar Bridies. Love!!! So here are more yummy bentos with bridies and champ. Forfar bridies are scottish pastries, in our case filled with vegetarian beef alternative. Champ is an Irish dish. The traditional version is mashed potatoes with green onions. My family's favorite is a version of Champ that includes green peas as well, though I use sauteed yellow onion instead of green onion because my husband doesn't like green onions very much. In addition to the bridies and champ we had oranges, red grapes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. My daughter had baby tomatoes and a container of HP sauce as well. (My husband and I had the bottle of HP sauce...) The green onion 'brushes' were easy to make but I was rushed for time and didn't let them curl enough.



1 comment:

Steph said...

these meals are so cute! and i'm happy to see they're veggie, too! this is definitely getting bookmarked =D