1 pkg Morningstar farms crumbles
1 onion, coarsely chopped
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 pkg chili seasoning kit
1 TB olive oil
2 ts soy sauce
1. Sautee onion in a pan until lightly browned. remove. Add crumbles, olive oil and soy sauce to pan and cook until thawed.
2. Add tomato sauce and 1/2 can water, 1/4 seasoning kit, garlic, cumin, paprika to taste.
3. Drain a bit of liquid off beans then add beans and remaining liquid to crumbles mixture. Simmer on medium for about 10-15 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add sauteed onion and 1/4 seasoning kit, more garlic, salt, etc. to taste. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
5. Add 1/2 corn flour from seasoning kit. Simmer 5 more minutes.
Green Bean Bundles:
1 handful fresh green beans, snapped and washed.
4-6 carrot rounds
3 TB butter
1. Take slices of fresh carrot (as large at the top as you can), use a miniature circle or flower shaped cookie cutter to remove the center. (I use a flower shape because it holds the beans better).
2. Boil beans for 10 minutes, adding carrot rounds in the last 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. Gather up the beans by twos and slide them into the carrot centers. Place bundles in glass pan.
4. Melt butter and mix in tarragon and garlic to taste. Pour or spoon evenly over bean bundles.
5. Place in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.