Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Koala pancake!

Looky, looky!! Santa put new nori punches from Jlist in my stocking!! I've been itching to use them. The first one out of the package was the koala. That's it in the background. Isn't it shiny?? Squeeeee!!!

When I picked A-chan up from school today I asked her if she liked her bento. She replied, "Yes, I ate the cute koala all up! And I know how hard you worked on it, mommy, so I ate as much as I possibly could."

In the bento: Half of a clementine, red grapes, mini tater tots, mini pancakes, steamed broccoli, veggie sausage links and several carrot hearts with nori hearts on top.

There are a couple more pancakes underneath the koala. I cut the ears out of more pancakes and then cut the inner ear fur out of provolone cheese. The face is all nori glued on with a tiny bit of honey. (I was surprised that the tiny eyebrow bits punched out just fine!)

If you want to see the nori punch set, go here. They are so cute and I love them!!! Thank you, Santa!!



6 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

So jealous! That koala is super cool! The face is perfect. Enjoy your Christmas toys :)

Uniflame said...

This looks so cute!

Unknown said...

Oh my how very very adorable!!! I love the Koala! Santa is so good :D

Natakiya said...

Awww, thanks Sheri!! I have a soft spot for koalas :) I'm glad that he turned out okay.

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Uniflame!!

Natakiya said...

Thanks so much, Jenn! Yep, Santa is the best :D