Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Rocket Star Bento

I couldn't think of a name for this bento so I asked A-chan to name it for me. Another really quick bento this morning. We've been experiencing a problem where A-chan's bentos are getting knocked off the shelf at school. The lunch boxes are on a shelf directly underneath the coat rack and when the kids go to get their coats for playtime the lunch boxes all get knocked around. So far the boxes aren't harmed but the food takes a tumble and ends up all scattered in the box. I'm hoping that we can find a solution since she gets really disappointed when it happens. Anybody have any suggestions that we can try?

In the bento: 2 Morningstar farms chik nuggets, red grapes, green peas on picks, little candies, garlic and basil couscous with space decorations of soy ham, provolone, nori and carrots.

In the background is the beautiful Saturn cloth napkin that A-chan colored for herself with fabric markers.

I'm designating this bento as an honorary 'Get Better Soon' bento for OhayoBento! The space cutter set was from her store, without which I would definitely have been much unhappier this morning.

6 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

Oh, cute! I have these rocket cutters too. You've made a cool scene with them :)

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

that's a very cute rocket :)
so neat!

Uniflame said...

Maybe pack her lunch in a small lunch bag with handles so she can hang it under her coat?

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Sherimiya!! Aren't they fun? I wasn't sure that I would like them, but they are a hit :)

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Yenny! I'm glad that you like it :)

Natakiya said...

That's a good suggestion, Uniflame...I'll start keeping an eye out for bento bags with handles :D Thanks!!