4 blocks of Curry mix (I use 2 hot and 2 med. hot)
3 large carrots
3 Idaho potatoes, peeled or unpeeled
½ block of extra firm tofu
1 TB Sesame oil
1 TB Olive oil
1 TB butter
1. Squeeze liquid out of tofu. Cut into cubes.
2. Heat sesame oil in large sauté pan and cook tofu until golden brown.
3. Meanwhile chop the onion in large pieces and set aside.
4. When the tofu is done remove it from the pan and replace with the onion.
5. Chop the carrots and the potatoes.
6. Remove the onion from the pan.
7. Heat the olive oil and butter in the same pan. Add carrots and potatoes. Cook several minutes, stirring occasionally
8. Pour in enough water to cover the vegetables and simmer on med. Heat until the potatoes are fork tender. There should be a good amount of water left.
9. Add 2 blocks of curry mix to the veggies and water and stir rapidly until they dissolve, then add 2 more. Sometimes it is necessary to add more water to make enough curry sauce.
10. Once the curry blocks are dissolved, add in the tofu and onion. Stir and cook for a few more minutes. Serve.
I added the apple pieces about halfway through the carrot/potato simmer. The pecan pieces were added with the tofu and onions at the end so that they would still be a little crunchy.
I also add sriracha sauce on the top of my curry, yum!!