Monday, March 19, 2012

Singing Friends


Wow ~ this morning was tough!  Spring break was wonderful but the return to reality is just so...realistic.  Today's bento was very simple to make and nice for my poor muddled sleepy brain to figure out because I'd  remembered to plan the night before, yay me!

In the bento:  Three inari zushi, a cherry tomato, two picks with blueberries, kabocha, steamed broccoli, strawberries and orange slices.

In the past I've recommended cooking the kabocha and the inari skins in the same pot because they are both very yummy using the same ingredients.  However, I can't recall if I've said which order to cook them in.  Definitely cook the kabocha first and then add the inari after the kabocha pieces are removed.  This morning's mixture was my favorite flavorings: water, soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar.

The middle inari has cooked kabocha mashed and mixed into the rice.  I think it tasted divine and hope that A-chan thinks the same.

4 comments:

OhayoBento said...

Reality bites, huh? Lol! I'm not ready to start back to the daily grind either. I'm glad you had a good break!

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

always in love with inari
I am sure A-chan loves it too :)

Natakiya said...

Luckily the week got easier :) The daily grind is totally not fair, lol. Thanks, Heather!

Natakiya said...

Thanks so much, Yenny! She did like it very much. She had no idea that there was kabocha in the middle one and loved it. My little secret :)