Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Nose Knows


Sometimes having a big nose is a big asset, especially for this guy whose nose is so cute!  A-chan asked for an onigiri for lunch today and I was delighted to oblige.  Actually, she first requested fried tofu but was denied and then decided on onigiri.  Moms have to make these tough decisions for the good health and well being of our children.  I told her she would understand in 20 years, but I don't think she believed me.

In the bento: Bunny onigiri, baby carrots, apple slices and a pick of green peas in the main compartment.  The smaller compartment contains steamed broccoli, an apple bunny, a pick with green peas and carrot slices, orange slices.  

The bunny's face is made from soy bologna, nori, and pickled ginger.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your creation is always adorable and sweet!
I've been thinking lately how important eating healthy is. A-chan is lucky to have this caring mommy!

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Izumi! It's important, I totally agree :)