Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Friend Hello Kitty


It is possible to make a bento using only one hand.  Barely.  With a bunch of cheating. Using my left hand for things has been an adventure today!  If anyone ever tells you thumbs are over rated, don't believe them.  Since I am impaired I fell back on my favorite bento character to decorate A-chan's lunch today.

In the bento: Two cheese sandwiches, steamed broccoli, apple heart, blueberries on a pick, veggie hot dog, baby carrots and a cherry tomato.

Hello Kitty is made from provolone cheese, nori and a veggie hot dog bow.  The tools make it very easy to create Hello Kitty and I love the way she makes A-chan smile.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so cute!! I would never have guessed you were one thumb down :)

Yenn said...

Awww..Hello Kitty! My favourite! This is nice!! I shall get myself Hello Kitty cutter to make this too! XD

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

Hello Kitty in a bento never fails to make me smile too :)

Natakiya said...

Haha, thanks Jenn! I cheated by not cutting anything hard like carrots :)

Natakiya said...

Hi Yenn! Thank you :) We love Hello Kitty - I got my cutter set from Jbox and I love it.

Natakiya said...

Thanks so much, Yenny! I'm glad it made you smile too!!

Lila said...

I hope whatever hand issue you had resolved quickly! Or were you just waiting for henna to dry? At any rate--adorable bento!

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Lila! I'm still not sure what happened with my hand, but thankfully it's all better now :)