Tuesday, March 27, 2012

One owl, two owls, hoot hoot hoot!



It's a beautiful day with bright blue skies and amazing sunshine.  I learned with this bento that owls are not as easy to make as I expected.  In fact, the idea of 'owl' in my head does not resemble the real thing very much.  That's okay because these guys will be very tasty no matter what they look like...or don't look like!

In the bento: Two inari zushi owls, a mashed kabocha ball, steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, orange slices, apple slices and provolone cheese flowers.

The owls were made from provolone cheese, nori and carrots.  I used a leaf shaped cutter for the wings which would have been better if it had been just a smidge smaller. A-chan reminded me that owls have ears so I remedied the lack with more provolone cheese hastily cut out and attached.


6 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

You're a master at creating a wide variety of creatures from inarizushi! Wonderful :)

Lila said...

Super cute!

I was expecting pancakes, though.

(http://icanhascheezburger.com/2010/10/04/funny-pictures-owl-derp/)

Natakiya said...

Awwww, thank you Sheri! I wasn't sure that they actually looked like owls :)

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Lila! The pancakes were for Wednesday, hehe :)

Unknown said...

Those owls are too cute! You are always very creative. :)

Natakiya said...

You're so sweet, Ming, thank you!