Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yaki Udon at the Zoo


You guys get to see a lot of A-chan's bentos.  So for our Zoo trip day I was selfish and only took a picture of my bento.  It's not as pretty as most of hers, but still very appetizing!  Since it's Spring Break our schedule has been completely skewed so this bento was limited by the fact that I hadn't gone grocery shopping and we were out of almost everything.  But I want you to ignore the fact that there is nothing red in this bento and focus on the red flower of the bamboo pick.  Pretty red flower.

We had a great time at Zoo Atlanta, taking it slow and moseying around to see all the animals.  A-chan made a new friend while we were there, a little girl who was a year older and was very sweet. They hit it off and spent the afternoon conquering the zoo together.  I foiled the goats at the petting zoo by wearing my hair up so they couldn't eat any this time.  I know they were disappointed!

In the bento:  Yaki udon with broccoli, carrots and onions, pan sauteed tofu with black sesame seeds, a bit of cucumber, a checkered apple, a pick with grapes, a carrot flower and cucumber peel leaf.  More carrot pieces and grapes were hidden underneath the carrot flower and huge chunk of apple.

I planned to carry our bentos with me during the day to avoid the long walk back out to the car.  The yaki udon would hold up well to being carried and shifted around, I thought.  It did!  A-chan had fun trying to eat the long noodles as I had forgotten to cut hers before packing up.

Bento at Zoo Atlanta! on Twitpic

It was a chilly day with overcast skies.  Happily the rain that had threatened all day held off until after we left the zoo!  

3 comments:

berrygirl@mommy kiki can! said...

Yummm your lunch looks wonderful! What a super way to spend the day, great food and sweet company at the zoo. You can share your lunch with me anytime!

Unknown said...

Looks like a yummy lunch for a fun zoo day!! :)

rosewhiterabbit said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! As always, you made a beautiful bento!