Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ice Cream Dreams

As soon as the daffodils start popping up, A-chan begins asking when we can have ice cream. It has become the second sign of spring in our household. I've promised that sometime this week she can have ice cream, but I haven't told her exactly when. (It will be on Sunday, shhhh.) Today's bento is either a teaser or a promise depending on how you view things. In any case, it got rave reviews before breakfast this morning :)

In the bento: Garlic and basil couscous with provolone and soy ham ice cream cones, carrot stars and tiny bits of raspberry in the left tier. The right tier holds soy sauce tofu triangles with a few more carrot and provolone stars, steamed broccoli, a bowl full of sesame carrots and a mix of pear bits and raspberries.

The ice cream cones were very easy to make using cutters from the Ohayo Bento store. The cutters can be used for space themed bentos (the ice cream part is actually a UFO) but there was also an insert showing other ways to use them!

And at long last here is a picture of A-chan with her pink hair, huzzah! The pink is still a little difficult to see in this pic so I think I'll try and put up another one tomorrow :)

10 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

She's beautiful! I have those "ice cream cutters" too; so perfect for dreams of summer :)

Lia Chen said...

You are so creative to use that UFO cutter to make ice cream. Wouldn't think of that. Love A-chan's pink hair, she is so adorable :)

Unknown said...

Yum! It is certainly time for Ice Cream, we went out for some this week! Your little cones in lunch are so cute!

A-Chan is super adorable with her pink hair!

OhayoBento said...

I LOVE her pink hair!! That's so awesome!! ^_^ I'm totally impressed with using the UFO cutters as ice cream, so cool! Thank you for the shout out!

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Sheri! Aren't the cutters fun? I love how easy they make the deco :)

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Sheri! Aren't the cutters fun? I love how easy they make the deco :)

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Lia :) It wasn't my idea to use them that way, though - it was on the insert that came with the cutters. I love her hair this way, she's so cute with it!

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Jenn! A-chan definitely can't wait for ice cream season to start officially :)

Natakiya said...

You're welcome, Heather! I love my cutters :) Her pink hair is so much fun. She's starting to get tired of explaining it to other kids though, lol!

Ice Cream Cones said...

She was really cute in her pink hair. And that was an artistic design of your food in that pack. I will be also using a cutter to have design on making some pack food.