Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ladybug Pancake

It's a good day for breakfast at lunchtime! The ladybug did not come out quite as neatly as I had originally intended, but the soy bacon twirls are cool enough to balance that out. A-chan loves it when I do unconventional things with the soy bacon. We've been branching out into new fruit adventures lately. Today's bento includes nectarines which A-chan tried for the first time yesterday. They are her new favorite fruit and she has requested to have them in her next 1000 bentos.

In the bento: Tangelo wedges, baby corn, soy bacon twirls with snow pea leaves, purple potato flowers with sesame seeds, nectarine slices, miniature pancakes.

The ladybug pancake has pink, strawberry flavored icing all over. I wasn't sure if the icing would melt nori so I layered the nori circles onto cheese circles so that they would stay lifted away from the icing. There are two more pancakes underneath the ladybug and a monkey face container that has a little bit more icing.

3 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

I see a sweet harbinger of spring. Cute ladybug pancake :)

Cooking Gallery said...

This looks very nice! I like the ladybug muffin :).

Sonoma Bento said...

What a fun bento! I'm sure A-chan had fun eating it. The bacon curls are so cool.