Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I thought it was a good idea...

So my brilliant idea to make sandwiches and wrap them up to look like pieces of candy...bellyflopped. Seriously. I look at the picture and wonder what in the world I was thinking. It at least made A-chan laugh which in the early morning hours can be counted as a miracle. Tomorrow morning will be better. Yes, I am filled with hope for tomorrow :)

In the bento: Two circular cheese sandwiches wrapped in cling wrap, raspberries, a small bunch of grapes, some baby carrots, three animal picks with blocks of cheese and slices of Morningstar Farms veggie sausage links, shallow fried potatoes in the shape of Hello Kitty and flowers.

The only thing that saves this bento from being completely cringe-worthy are the potatoes. I love how the potatoes came out!

Don't forget about the Bento4Japan auctions at eBay! I'm at the point where it's scary for me to look - we're having a kitty go in to the vet for surgery tomorrow so bidding on auctions is forbidden. That means I have to live vicariously through all of you! Go, bid, tell me what you win!

3 comments:

Bentobird said...

I think this bento is cute amd enjoyed the humor of this post! well wishes your kitty, hope vet visit goes great ^^!

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

it's a good idea to prevent sandwich dried out :b

Anonymous said...

super cute idea! maybe if you used coloured plastic it might look more like candy :)