Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween Kitten Luvs You!

Halloween kitten luvs you!  Yes she does.  She just wants to sit on your lap and get petted.  Maybe bite you but only a little.  And because she loves you she is going to destroy things that she thinks are a danger to you and maybe things that just look like they need to be torn to shreds just because, yes she is! It's all okay, right?  Cause Halloween kitten is so cute!

So yesterday I said you'd all have to wait for a Halloween bento...but I lied.  I was going to wait a few more days.  And then I caved - I just couldn't stand to wait any longer.  So here it is, yay!

In the bento: Rice with homemade furikake, huge Halloween kitten with a carrot Jack o lantern collar, a cherry tomato wedge, nectarine slices, black plum pieces, carrot flowers and tofu/veg stirfry.

I used a piece of bread with the edges cut off to make a nice absorbent container for the tofu stirfry.  Halloween kitten was cut from provolone cheese and nori.  Her collar was cut from tomato peel and the jack o lantern was cut from a carrot slice.  Her ears and cheeks were cut from gari (pickled ginger).

The stirfry was very simple: I cooked the tofu cubes in sesame oil first then added small pieces of frozen broccoli and cooked them together for about 2-3 mins.  Next I added a small handful of frozen corn kernals, soy sauce, a smidge of garlic powder and a bit of dried basil.  Then I continued to cook it all together for about 2 more mins.

6 comments:

OhayoBento said...

This is adorable!!! I love Halloween kitten! She reminds me of my Stinker, lol :) BTW, the stir fry sounds delicious!

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Heather! Yes!! Halloween Kitten was definitely inspired by your Stinker and the story of the crow :)

Lia Chen said...

I want that kitten! Totally cute and special for Halloween :)

Shane said...

The cat is so well done! the Pumpkin collar is the best!

Natakiya said...

I'm glad that you like Halloween kitten, Lia! Thank you :) We love Halloween and black cats a lot.

Natakiya said...

Aww, that's so sweet Shane. Thank you!! I loved the collar too, it was fun to cut :)