Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sleepy Girl


Once again I got caught up in crazy scheduling and have neglected to post for a while.  That's because this past weekend was the magnificent Anime Weekend Atlanta Convention that we go to every year.  The week before it is always about getting the costumes and artwork ready.  It only takes me a couple of days to recover afterward and set to rights all the damage the cats inflict on the house in our absence.  (And wow were they unhappy this time)  This year was A-chan's 7th AWA!

Thank you so much to everyone who came to the Bento and cooking panels.  I had a great time and I hope that you did too! It was a pleasure to meet so many wonderful people and great gobs of kudos to everyone who came to the 10 am panel.  Those of you who are waiting for emails from me, I will be getting right to them today and tomorrow :)

The above bento was actually from last week but I liked it so much that I am letting it supersede today's bento.

In the bento: A sleepy girl in an Inari zushi bed with nori designs on her blanket, apple stars, a star onigiri with apple peel decoration, baby tomatoes, sesame carrots and steamed broccoli.

The little girl's face was cut from provolone cheese with nori details and sriracha cheeks.  Her hair was cut from carrot slices using different parts of my UFO shaped cutter.

2 comments:

Lia Chen said...

This sleepy girl is so creatively made! I always love your inari sushi creations :)

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Lia! Finding new ways to use Inari sushi is so much fun, I love it :)