Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Terror of the Deep

The terror of the deep is ... a cute little yellow octopus.   Doesn't her cuteness terrify you?  The huge eyes and the pink cheeks are horrifying enough but the bow sends shivers down my spine!  This ghastly apparition from the deep is going to tickle you...

It turned cold here all of a sudden!  We're wearing long sleeves for the first time today.  The cats all insist that they need to stay warm too - preferably by sitting in a pile on my lap.

In the bento: Vegetarian pastitsio (greek macaroni and meat casserole), carrot flowers, a checkerboard apple, black plum slices, steamed broccoli and a miniature corn croquette.

Her scary cuteness is made from eggsheet with nori mouth and eyes, gari cheeks and a carrot bow.  The eggsheet was made using the fantastic tutorial on the Bentolicious blog.  I was thrilled with how quickly I made it this morning and with how perfect it turned out!

The vegetarian pastitsio is very yummy and perfect for chilly days.  My recipe for it can be found on the recipe page.  For a change I decided to use aluminum foil as a divider today.  It added a nice bit of metallic sheen.

6 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

What a doll! And the bow is the kicker :D

Anonymous said...

I'm not working contact page , or rather it clears out how to send a PM ?

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

cute and smooth yellow octopus!
Happy weekend for you :)

Natakiya said...

Hehe :) Thanks, Sheri!

Natakiya said...

I'm not sure why the contact thingy isn't working but if you'd like to send me email that would be great! My email is: natakiya (at) gmail.com

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Yenny! I hope that you have a great weekend too :)