Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Onigiri Friends


It's raining, it's raining!  Our area desperately needed the rain so we're rejoicing.   It's been raining for two straight days now.  The bleary foggy day outside makes me want to sit with a huge mug of coffee and read books all day.  Poor A-chan had her school fieldtrip cancelled because of the rain though.  She was so disappointed and freaked out when she thought I had forgotten to leave her car seat - totally not getting the connection that no fieldtrip meant no need for the car seat to stay at school.

Today's bento has just a tiny hint of fall.  I'm gearing up towards making Halloween bentos but you're just going to have to wait, nya!

In the bento: Raspberries, steamed broccoli, two large onigiri, carrot maple leaves, a corn croquette and some flash fried korean purple potato sticks.

The onigiri faces were punched out of nori as usual.  But I decided to do something different for the cheeks and put raspberry pips instead of my normal sriracha/ketchup cheeks.  It gives kind of a neat 3d effect :)

8 comments:

Lucy said...

Aww, would you look at them! They look like wonderful friends to have on a rainy day. I really like the raspberry pips! It's something new, and sweet for the fall!

Cooking Gallery said...

I love the two happy faces and I have the same food picks...:)!!

Happy Little Bento said...

So sweet!

Lia Chen said...

They look so happy, put smile on my face to see this. Love it!

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Lucy! I'm glad that you like them :)

Natakiya said...

Hi CG! I love those food picks, aren't they fun?

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Sheri! :)

Natakiya said...

Thank you so much, Lia! That's what bentos are all about - making happiness :)