Monday, February 21, 2011

Hurt ankle bento

Today's bento relies entirely upon accessories for cuteness. My bento making skills were defeated by the ankle that I twisted at Pump It Up over the weekend. I took one trip to the fridge and grabbed as much food as I could and used only those things to create the bento without having to walk anymore. The bento making station is the kitchen counter right beside where I have all my accessories stored. Again I just grabbed those few accessories that were quickest and used them before hobbling to sit down. I kind of like how it ended up, though. It's a little bit different from my normal type of bento and I used three accessories, like the ring pick, that I don't normally use.

In the bento: Two onigiri with scrambled tofu, several carrot flowers, a baby tomato, a container of chickpeas, some purple grapes and steamed broccoli.

A-chan said that she didn't think it was too boring and that using the ring pick for the grapes would be a lot of fun. She did a lot of things to help me out this morning so that I didn't have to walk much. I'm chagrined that I thought my ankle was all better yesterday but by the time I drove home from Alabama and started to walk in the house it was all achy and making an ominous clicking noise. It has to get better fast, though - I have a dance convention this weekend and I'm performing!

2 comments:

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

I am sure you feel a lot better today...:) Nice bento as always

Natakiya said...

Thanks so much, Yenny!!