Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pink Flower Onigiri

Another rush bento this morning! A-chan was sick yesterday and didn't go to school. I wasn't sure that she would be going today until she got up this morning and then it was rush, rush, rush. So here is a ten minute, freezer stash stuffed bento. I'm almost out of freezer stash, it's worrying me. I'd planned on doing some cooking this past weekend to fill it out, but I spent the entire weekend sewing instead. The sewing was good and it had to be done this weekend, but still - I need time to cook!!! And looking at my calendar this morning I am not filled with hope, for I have no free weekends until April. Gah, how do I do this to myself?

In the bento: Pink rice flower onigiri with sesame seed decoration, a bowl of leftover mac'n'cheese, frozen blueberries, two veggie hot dog flowers with green peas, steamed broccoli and half of a cherry tomato.

The onigiri is colored with red food coloring gel that was added to the water in the rice cooker before I turned it on. The onigiri was frozen, I just sprinkled a little water on it, nuked it for a minute this morning and it was ready to go!

There are more veggie hot dog pieces hidden beside the blue bowl and underneath the cherry tomato - the rabbit pick is the only part you can see. On the side was a container of ketchup and a soy sauce piggie. A-chan asked for a red piggie this morning.

I absolutely love the blue bowl! It's part of a set that I found at Hobby Lobby last week. There were 6 bowls in all different colors and I'm just tickled pink that they fit in the bentos :)

6 comments:

Bentobird said...

The pink color is so cheerful--lovely effect!

Happy Little Bento said...

The blossom is beautiful!

Lia Chen said...

Totally love with your pink flower. Hope A-chan is getting better!

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Bentobird! I don't think that the color came out as well in the photo as in reality though :)

Natakiya said...

Thanks Sheri!! It was huge, I was afraid that she wouldn't be able to eat it :)

Natakiya said...

Awww, thanks so much Lia!! She seems to be doing a bit better today :)