Friday, January 13, 2012

Hug Me!


What is your opinion on kissing frogs?  Mine tends to be along the lines of 'Ewwwww'!  But I'm okay with hugging one.  Anyway...

It's Friday!  The happy Friday dance commenced a little later than normal this morning.  Ahhh, lovely Friday.  I am so looking forward to the weekend.  Not only am I planning to put away the Christmas decorations, there is going to be a huge cleaning spree!

In the bento: Vegetarian spaghetti, picks of black olives, a lemon slice, nectarine chunks, baby corn, a strawberry balloon, cucumber froggie and cheese letters.

The tiny letters were made with my brand new letter cutters that I got at IchibanCon.  Aren't they cute?  I'm loving them!  The frog face was cut from cucumber peel using a frog/teddy bear face cutter.  His body was cut with a knife but the arms were left over from the face cutting.  The eyes and mouth were cut from provolone and his nose is sesame seeds.

Here is a link to my vegetarian spaghetti recipe (on my other blog): http://incaseofasparagus.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-spaghetti-vegetarian-style.html

6 comments:

Lily Sangster said...

I'm curious about the lemon slices...does your daughter eat them like orange pieces? Or is there something in the box to squeeze them over?

Happy Little Bento said...

The frog cuke and the strawberry lolly are the cutest! Love em! And your cute wording too, of course :)

Lucy said...

Awww, I'm not sure about kissing either, but I would definitely hug that little guy! Love the new letters in this one too! That spaghetti looks delightful...

Natakiya said...

I love it when people ask me questions, Lily! A-chan loves to eat lemon slices. She will suck on one and make a dreadful face, giggle and then eat another. There are times that I put things in her bento that are tasty with lemon juice squeezed over - certain stir fries or tofu kaarage in particular.

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Sheri! As always your comments are very sweet, I appreciate it :)

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Lucy! Oh my gosh, have I never made the spaghetti for you? I must do that someday!