Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kero-chan!


Over the school break for MLK Day I decided to do some egg sheet practice.  I wasn't sure what I was going to use all of the egg sheets that I made for exactly, so I wrapped them up in cling wrap and stored them in the fridge until inspiration struck.  I think I'm getting better at making them!  Although I'm still not sure why my egg sheets are always so shiny in pictures, lol.

One of A-chan's favorite manga is Card Captor Sakura so I decided to make Kero-chan for her.

In the bento: Cheese and soy turkey sandwich, egg sheet kero-chan, steamed broccoli, baby carrots, baby corn, grapes and plum slices.

I used scissors to cut the crust off the bread slices.  Most of the time when I try to cut bread with a knife I end up with a much smaller piece of bread and a lot of crumbs.  Instead of using scissors to cut the egg sheets, this time I utilized my handy dandy exacto knife which was way more fun.

16 comments:

Julie@teachinggoodeaters said...

I'm not familiar with the character, but I am very impressed with your egg sheet art!

Rina @ Bento School Lunches said...

Super cute :)

berrygirl@mommy kiki can! said...

Perfect looking egg sheet, Artful Bento, so wonderful to look at!

Unknown said...

This is awesome! I am still a little afraid to try egg sheets...maybe someday soon :D

Megan said...

Wow, this is a blast from the past!! I used to watch Cardcaptor Sakura when I was a wee sixth grader!

Awesome bento :D I need to try my hand at egg sheets as well.

Cat said...

Wow, you did a fantastic job!!
I used to watch Cardcaptor Sakura ^^
I have the clowcards somewhere in storage. <3
How do you make and store your egg sheets?

Happy Little Bento said...

I don't know this character either, but it's quite a nice egg sheet. I bet she loved it!

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

your egg sheet looks fabulous, dear :)

Unknown said...

This is awesome, very nice egg sheet art. :)

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Julie! I was inspired to start making egg sheets by Lia Chen at Bentolicious :)

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Rina!!

Natakiya said...

Thanks so much, Berrygirl! Practice is definitely helping my egg sheets :D

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Jenn! I was afraid to try egg sheets for a long time but Lia's tutorial gave me courage. It's not as hard as it looks, I swear!

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Megan! We haven't seen the anime - it's hard to get ahold of! But A-chan is in love with the manga :)

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Cat! Ahhh - A-chan has the Clow cards too :) Clamp's artwork is so beautiful! I just added a page with links to the egg sheet tutorial that I learned from, definitely go check it out. I store them by sealing them in sheets of cling wrap, sliding that into a ziploc baggie and keeping it in the fridge.

rosewhiterabbit said...

Oh my goodness! Cardcaptor Sakura was the first Anime I ever saw, and I fell in love with it and Kero Chan. This is my favorite bento of your collection! Absolutely adorable and so artistic!