Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Love Bunny


I have decided that the exacto knife is the bento maker's Sonic Screwdriver.  That thing is awesome!  This morning instead of playing it safe and cutting hearts in the apple as usual, I took the adventurous route and used the exacto knife to cut the heart shapes instead. Eureka!  Clean edges and no bruising means that the perfect apple carving tool is finally within my grasp.  *Insert sinister laugh here*

In the bento: Miniature pancakes, a container of feta, carrot hearts, Morningstar Farms sausage links, apple, sugar snap peas, a lemon wedge, and blackberries. The little monkey container has strawberry icing inside.

The bunny face was made with nori, carrot, and provolone cheese with strawberry jelly for the cheeks.  The pancakes are part of my freezer stash - Frozen miniature Eggo pancakes.  They are easy to cook on early mornings but I still wish that I could make homemade pancakes.  One day I will learn, but for now I won't try my hand at burning more.


8 comments:

AikoVenus said...

So cute! If you ever want to make your own pancakes (without destroying them) you can always ask me, Natakiya. ^^ Oh - I forgot to mention, I nominated you for the "Liebster Award" on my blog because you're one of the best that I know!

Happy Little Bento said...

You are handy with the exacto - very nice clean hearts!

Unknown said...

Cute bunny! And awesome apple carvings. I need to get my hands on an exacto knife too, been hearing ravings review by bentoers abt it. :)

Cat said...

I'm sure you know, but be careful with those knifes... the amount of times I cut myself with those in art class. I never thought of using them in the kitchen, great idea. I love the hearts on the apples. <3

Natakiya said...

Thanks, Bou shin! One day I will tackle pancakes and win, eventually. I appreciate the nomination, thank you so much!!

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Sheri :) I need more practice with it, but I'm excited about finding new ways to utilize it.

Natakiya said...

You should definitely have one, Ming. I think I'll start campaigning that all bento makers need one :)

Natakiya said...

Thank you, Cat! I appreciate the warning :) I am very careful with it - I have a blood clotting disorder that requires blood thinners. Knives used to give me the heeby jeebies, I'm just recently getting comfortable using them again.