Friday, December 8, 2006

Snowman!

A-chan has been picky about eating rice lately (she normally loves it and used to eat tons of it!) so I needed a way to get her excited about having rice for lunch.

She provided inspiration herself by asking me to read her snowman book and I went Aha! A snowman would be easy to make, right? It was, believe it or not. And she loved the pickle scarf very much.

Snowman: 1/2 cup rice & 1/4 cup rice, veg pepperoni hat & mouth, carrot nose (woot!) and buttons, pickle eyes, scarf and buttons. Nori arms.

Tic tac toe board: Nori strips with marinated tofu squares and flowers.

Sides: apple bunnies and squares, green peas.

The fact that she did eat most of it (no peas got eaten, she tried the nori but spat it out) was almost as good as the fun I had making it. Do you remember being told not to play with your food as a child? Now I do it all the time. I guess I'll have to stop telling A-chan not to play with her food...

No comments: